At the time of admission, please bring:
- Between 3-7 changes of clean clothing (clothes must be appropriate, neat and clean with no rips, holes, cutoffs or tight clothing — straps on blouses must be three fingers wide)
- Suitable underwear
- Pants and shorts (not too short or tight) without belts or drawstrings
- 1 set of pajamas (no drawstrings)
- 2 bras (no underwire, sports bras recommended)
- 1 pair of gym shoes with no laces (Velcro shoes recommended)
- Eyeglasses if needed
The following items will need to be approved by the unit nurse:
- Special lotions, lip balm/ChapStick
- Stuffed animals
- Paperback books
- Families should bring all information about medications, medical issues and previous treatment to the Admissions assessment. Hartgrove Hospital will provide and administer medication for patients as prescribed by the doctor and with legal guardian consent.
We will provide the following:
- Sheets, pillows and blankets
- Laundry services, including detergent
- Sanitary pads
- Basic hygiene items such as toothpaste, toothbrushes, combs, shampoos, soaps and deodorant
- Markers, paper and pencils
- Meals and snacks
What Not to Bring
To keep our unit safe, we have strict rules on personal items. Contraband items are not allowed and will be returned to parents/guardians or disposed of according to hospital policy.
These items are NOT allowed on the unit:
- Clothes with drawstrings (drawstrings found in clothing will be removed)
- Jewelry (includes watches, earrings and piercings)
- Cell phones
- Electronics (i.e., iPods, iPads, cameras, gaming systems, radios, etc.)
- Underwire bras (bras with underwire will have the underwire removed)
- Glass containers
- Items containing alcohol
- Sharp objects such as shaving razors, needles, hooks, pins, paperclips, and thumbtacks
- Clothing advertising or promoting alcohol, drugs (including nicotine), sex, violent music groups or performers, or clothing deemed inappropriate by staff
- Chewing gum
- Mirrors, including those in compacts
- Curling irons, hair dryers, and straighteners
- Tobacco, alcohol and illegal substances as well as any associated paraphernalia, including lighters
- Any other items determined by staff as not therapeutic
If you have a question about the appropriateness of an item, please feel free to contact us. All items will be inventoried upon arrival. Please confirm all items are returned to you at the time of discharge.
For our patients’ safety, patients will be searched at the time of admission and each time they return from visitation.
NOTE: Items must NOT contain alcohol, aerosol or be in plastic containers.